Thursday, July 9, 2009

Summer has arrived!

Fresh from the garden...

So welcome summer! We have had 2 entire days of sunshine, who knew it could feel sooo good. One of my favorite things to do is put laundry out on the clothesline, old fashioned I know...but the bed will feel like a million dollars tonight. :)

Out in the garden I discovered after only two days of sunshine the raspberries decided to burst with color. Tomorrow morning I will head out to pick them and make some raspberry jam, of course a few will find their way to my watering mouth. I remember when I worked at Bassett Manor, waking one of our residents with these fresh picked raspberries, she was in heaven.

These next two photos were taken just a few hours ago and as I type Jim is still out there hammering, pounding and with the hum of the saw. 9:01pm

I tried to mow the lawn today and found it more like a maze between the holes, mud and equipment. I can taste the wine now...sitting back, feet up and sore backs. :) Enjoy and Love to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment