Sunday, August 23, 2009

Better Homes & Gardens in Colden...almost :)

The patio floor begins to come to life. After LOTS of planning, insulation, pipes and leveling...the blocks are being laid.

Each of these pavers weigh 64 pounds. Watch your back baby! I have the big job of keeping him hydrated, documenting the progress and cheerleader. "let's go jimmy, let's go!" :)


Placement of the feet is critical so you don't mess up the surface.


WOW! The floor is coming along and looks fabulous. :)


Here Jim is putting on the restraining edge with large pins. And of course, a little rain MUST fall.


Ok, so this smile says it all...


Taking a "rain" break...I found him on the front porch taking a well deserved nap.


Preparing for the next few rows of pavers. Keep that level handy at ALL times. So Jim had lifted over 7,000 pounds of pavers yesterday.



As I am typing this update he is outside and whistling, that is a good sign. I think I need to add that to one of my favorite sounds. Whenever you hear an engineer whistle in a happy tune while working, it is a WONDERFUL thing, trust me. ;)

We have our first vision of how the patio will function. We had coffee outside this morning and I am planning dinner out there too, if the weather holds out. Porterhouse steaks, roasted garlic potatoes, fresh beans from the garden, stuffed banana peppers and peach pie. Call for reservations! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment