Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sally came back out for one more joy ride...!

 EARLY one morning I was out with Jim to put away Sally the Sawmill for the second time this season and I found some FROSTY fall leaves on the ground. 

 Sally came out again for a large black walnut tree that my dad called Jim about.  An electric company had to cut down the tree to put up some new wire.  Jim was thrilled as the black walnut is very rare in this area.  I swear if it were a woman I might have been jealous of this excitement over this tree.  :)  He was genuinely enthusiastic.  He claims this may have been a once in a life time opportunity.  You go, Jim!


 He estimates that he got 200-300 board feet of lumber, along with various limbs.


 He cut a few boards extra thick for up coming projects.


It was really interesting to see the logs when he split them.  The were actually more green than black and after the air hit spilt limbs it became more of a dark brown color.

No comments:

Post a Comment